The memberships of the Association will comprise:
a) Full members
b) Associate members
- Any corporation, company, firm, business or government organisation may apply to become a Full Member if the following criteria are met:
- a) Registered legal entity in Malaysia
b) Involved in the manufacture of medical devices in Malaysia or a key supplier of raw materials and/or services directly related to the manufacture of medical devices in Malaysia.
c) Has established and implemented a Quality System.
- Each Full Member is allowed to nominate one representative.
- Only representative of Full Member is allowed to hold office and vote.
- Each Full Member, when requested by the Association must furnish information for the Association’s databank.
- Any corporation, company, firm, business or government organisation may apply to become an Associate Member if the following criteria are met:
- a) Registered legal entity in Malaysia.
b) Provides distribution or other services to Member Companies.
- Each Associate Member is allowed to nominate one representative.
- The representative of the Associate Member is not allowed to vote or hold office.
- There will no restriction on number of membership.
- Admission to the Association will be determined solely by the Board of Directors and in accordance with the relevant provision hereinafter contained.
- Completed application forms should be accompanied with copies of the following and each application will be approved by two (2) Directors.
- a) Company Profile
b) ISO 9001 Certificate
c) ISO 13485 Certificate
- Upon being admitted as a member, the applicant shall be so notified by the Secretariat Office and shall be furnished with a copy of the Rules of the Association and shall be enrolled as a member.
- The determination of applications for membership shall be by any means (whether by ballots or otherwise) as the Board of Directors may from time to time decide and the admission of members shall be entirely in the hands of the Board of Directors who may refuse or reject any application for membership without giving any reason thereof.
- A member upon his admission shall be bound by the Rules of the Association