Personal Data Protection Notice
The Association of Malaysian Medical Industries (referred to as “AMMI”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice sets out how AMMI and its management company, including but not limited to, AMMI and Medsociate Sdn Bhd (collectively referred to as “AMMI”, “we” or “us”) collect, store and handle personal information (as defined below) of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia. By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Personal Data Protection Notice and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Personal Data Protection Notice. Please note that we may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendment via our website or by email.(1) Personal information1.1 Type of personal informationPersonal information means any information which relates to you and which was collected or provided to us for the purposes stated in Section 2 below. Your personal information may include your name, contact details, occupation, information in written, audio and/or video format (including voice, video recording, closed-circuit television (“CCTV”) and security recording), images (including photographs) and location tracking / GPS information.1.2 Source of personal information(i) Member or potential member application details; participants and potential participants for training programmes, forums, conferences, seminars and / or other marketing activities organised by us: AMMI collects your personal information directly from you when you express an interest to be contacted for such events and marketing activities (including business card collections via fish bowl method or during previous events organised by us). Your information may also be collected indirectly (for example, via trade / online directories) or from cookies through the use of our website.(ii) Sponsor, vendor, supplier or service provider: AMMI collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your employer or credit reference agencies when tendering for projects or as part of the commercial transactions. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.1.3 Obligatory personal informationAll information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we may be unable to process your request and / or provide you with relevant services(2) Purposes of collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal information(i) Customer or potential customer for products, services, events, conferences, seminars and other marketing activities organised by us: Your personal information is collected and further processed by AMMI as required or permitted by law and for the following commercial purposes:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and any incidental purposes thereto;
- to contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we feel may interest you*
- to improve the products or services offered by us
- to conduct training/forum/ programme evaluation surveys, internal marketing analysis and analysis of participant/ member preferences
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for your computer and / or device;
- to comply with AMMI’s legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business; and for AMMI internal records management.
(ii) Sponsor. vendor, supplier or service provider: Your personal information is collected and further processed by AMMI as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, including the following:
- to administer and give effect to the commercial transaction;
- to process any payments related to the commercial transaction; for internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- to comply with AMMI’s legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business;
- to contact you regarding product, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we feel may interest you*;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for your computer and/or device; and
- for AMMI’s internal records management.
*Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional updates from AMMI, you may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time. You may select the “unsubscribe” option provided in AMMI’s email blasts / sms blasts or you may contact AMMI at the details provided in Section (6) below.(3) Disclosures and transfers of personal information (within or outside of Malaysia)Your personal information may be disclosed or transferred to relevant third parties (within or outside of Malaysia) as required under law, pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section (2) above (or directly related to those purposes).In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or reorganisation (“Transaction”), your personal information may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of the Transaction.You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit AMMI to release your personal information to the other party and its advisers / representatives. Your personal information may also be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditors, lawyers, company secretary, printing companies, contractors, conference / training / event organiser and other advisers);
- our selected business partners (such as sponsors of events and conferences);
- law enforcement agencies;
- government departments / agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators; and
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent or government agency.
- the date and time you accessed each page on our web site;
- the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our site (the referrer); and
- the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
Some web pages may require you to provide a limited amount of personal information in order to enjoy certain services on our websites (system login credentials, email address and contact, etc). These personal information will only be used for its intended purposes only, i.e. to respond to your message or deliver the requested services.(5) Right to access and correct personal informationYou have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us (subject always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavour to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly.If you would like to correct your personal information, please contact us at the details provided in Section (6) below.(6) Limiting the processing of personal information, further enquiries and complaints If:(i) you would like to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal information;(ii) you have any further query; or(iii) you would like to make a complaint in respect of your personal information, you may contact:Association of Malaysian Medical Industries (AMMI)c/o Medsociate Sdn. Bhd, Level 32 Menara PrestigeNo. 1 Jalan Pinang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaTel : +6010 4040 662Fax : +603 2178 4347Email : firstname.lastname@example.orgWeb : www.ammi.com.myContact person : Mr. Ching Choon SiongHotline: +6012-4766 558(7) ConflictIn the event of any conflict between this English language Personal Data Protection Notice and its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia Personal Data Protection Notice, the terms in this English language Notice shall prevail.