Penang, 30 Nov 2022 – 208 members and invited guests attended the AMMI Gala Dinner 2022 held at Ascott Gurney Hotel . Guest of Honour for the event was Ms Lim Bee Vian, Deputy CEO, Investment Development, MIDA. The theme of the night was all about appreciation and recognition with key highlights being the AMMI Awards Presentations. It was indeed an evening of camaraderie and medical device industry networking.
Here is a recap of the awards and recipients…
AMMI ESG Recognition Award
As climate change, social issues, and corporate integrity challenges loom, it is more important now than ever for companies to embrace ESG as an integral part of doing business globally. AMMI takes the opportunity to acknowledge members’ efforts in ESG initiatives and hopefully inspire many others to follow suit.
- Ambu – represented by Mr Lee Choon Hooi, Senior ESG Engineer
- B. Braun Medical Industries – represented by Mr Graham Rice, VP, Procurement Asia Pacific
- Biocon – represented by Mr Ridzwan Raja, Site HR Head
- Boston Scientific – represented by Mr Fearghal Hennessy, VP Operations
- Greatech – represented by Dato’ EK Tan, Co-Founder and CEO
- Molnlycke – represented by Mr HS Lee, Director and Finance Manager
- Paramit.TECAN – represented by Mr Michel Van Crombrugge, AMMI Treasurer/ Leader of AMMI OpEx Committee; Country Manager of Paramit. TECAN
- Smith & Nephew – represented by Mr Mark Arthun, Managing Director & Site Leader
- Teleflex – represented by Mr Muneswaran Gandhi, Plant Manager
AMMI Talent Development Recognition Awards
Talent Development is a Key Pillar in AMMI’s Strategic Roadmap 2025. This award is given to acknowledge members who have actively participated in AMMI Public Training in 2022.
- Ambu – represented by Ms Alice Tan, Senior HR Manager; AMMI Talent Development Committee Member
- B. Braun – represented by Ms Azura Roslee, Early Career & Talent Acquisition Manager
- Teleflex – represented by Ms Tan Lin Im, APAC Regional Senior HR Director; AMMI Talent Development Committee Co-Leader
AMMI Global Expert Sharing Appreciation Award
AMMI appreciates members who have contributed to knowledge sharing through their industry/ global experts and hope many more members will come forth to do the same.
- DuPont – represented by Mr Eng Boon See, Business Development Manager
- STERIS – represented by Mr Suwit Tunlayadechanont, Regional Director
AMMI Sponsor’s Appreciation Award were also presented to:
- Platinum Sponsor
- Boston Scientific, represented by Mr Fearghal Hennessy, VP Operations
- Gold Sponsors
- B. Braun Medical Industries, represented by Mr Lam Chee Hong, AMMI Board Member and President, Asia Pacific, B. Braun Group
- Cochlear, represented by Mr Samuel Pooranakaran, AMMI Vice-Chairman and VP Manufacturing Malaysia, Cochlear
- Dexcom, represented by Mr Columba McGarvey, Vice-President, APAC Operations
- Johnson & Johnson, represented by Mr Andy Lee, AMMI Chairman and Director Government Affairs & Board of J&J Malaysia.
- Molnlycke, represented by Mr JC Guillou, AMMI Board Member, and VP, Global Operations & Sourcing, Gloves, Molnlycke HealthCare
- Silver Sponsors
- KLS Martin, represented by Dato’ Hans Brenner, CEO
- Paramit. TECAN, represented by Mr Michel Van Crombrugge, AMMI Treasurer/ Leader of AMMI OpEx Committee; Country Manager of Paramit. TECAN
- SteriPack, represented by Mr John Ward, AMMI Vice-Chairman and VP/GM Pharmaceutical Solutions, SteriPack
- Tako Astatic, represented by Mr Aaron Kow, Executive Director
- Texchem Life Science, represented by Dr Yuma Konishi, AMMI Board Member and Executive Director, Texchem Group